On 11th March, COVID-19 (coronavirus) was declared a pandemic by World Health Organisation.
It is important to note that we always use universal precautions to disinfect our practice in compliance with Australian and New Zealand Standard 4815 for Infection Control, Dental Board’s Guidelines on Infection Control and Australian Guidelines for the prevention and control of infection in Healthcare (NHMRC).
Extra measures are being taken during this time:
– Magazines have been removed from the waiting room
– Hand sanitizer will be available to all patients to use when entering and leaving the practice (hand wash also available if preferred)
– Our staff have not traveled overseas and do not intend to do so for the foreseeable future
– Please bring your own means of hydration as we have removed the water cooler from the waiting room
– If you want to reduce your time in the waiting room, please feel free to call us on your arrival in the carpark and we can call you when we are ready to take you straight through to the surgery.
– Please advise if you have low immunity as we can reschedule non-essential dental care
We are still operating but we ask that anyone who fits the following criteria, to call the practice about your appointment:
If you’ve travelled overseas in the last 14 days
If you’ve had contact with someone who has COVID-19
If you have flu like symptoms
– Shortness of breath
– Runny nose
– Sore throat
If you are feeling generally unwell, please let us know.
If you need urgent dental care, please call our dental practice so we can make arrangements for you so you can still access the care you need.
Please note that we may have to reschedule appointments or shut the practice if we are instructed to by the appropriate authorities and we will notify you as soon as we are told to do so.
If you have any concerns, please contact our staff on 3871 3035.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping to stop the spread.
Stay safe, wash your hands always and avoid touching your face!
The Team at Dent8 Dental